Quran & Hadith
Universe Life Death
Banking & Business
Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus is not God
DEAR CHRISTIANS, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF?.
You have got a book as we have got, however our Quran is the last testament and is from the same God which you belief. In Quran He advises us to approach and request you for the benefit of both us.
“Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will)” (Aale- Imraan 3:64)
According to most Christians, Jesus was God-incarnate, full man and full God. Can the finite and the infinite be one? "To be full" God means freedom from finite forms and from helplessness, and to be "full man" means the absence of divinity.
1. To be son is to be less than divine and to be divine is to be no one's son. How could Jesus have the attributes of sonship and divinity altogether, Is it logical and can be swored?
2. Christians assert that Jesus claimed to be God when they quote him in John 14:9: "He that has seen me has seen the Father". Didn't Jesus clearly say that people have never seen God, as it says in John 5:37: "And the father himself which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have NEITHER HEARD HIS VOICE AT ANY TIME NOR SEEN HIS SHAPE"?
3. Christians say that Jesus was God because he was called Son of God, Son of Man, Messiah, and "saviour". Ezekiel was addressed in the Bible as Son of Man. Jesus spoke of "the peace makers" as Sons of God. Any person who followed the Will and Plan of God was called SON OF GOD in the Jewish tradition and in their language (Genesis 6:2,4; Exodus 4:22; Psalm 2:7; Romans 8:14). "Messiah" which in Hebrew means "God's anointed" and not "Christ", and "Cyrus" the person is called "Messiah" or "the anointed". As for "saviour", in II KINGS 13:5, other individuals were given that title too without being gods. So where is the proof in these terms that Jesus was God when the word son is not exclusively used for him alone?
4. Christians claim that Jesus acknowledged that he and God were one in the sense of nature when he says in John 10:30 "I and my father are one". Later on in John 17:21-23, Jesus refers to his followers and himself and God as one in five places. So why did they give the previous "one" a different meaning from the other five "ones"?
5. Is God three-in-one and one in three simultaneously or one at a time?
6. If God is one and three simultaneously, then none of the three could be the complete God. Granting that such was the case, then when Jesus was on earth, he wasn't a complete God, nor was the "father in Heaven" a whole God. Doesn't that contradict what Jesus always said about His God and our God in heaven, his Lord and our Lord ? Does that also mean that there was no complete god then, between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrection?
7. If God is one and three at a time, then who was the God in heaven when Jesus was on earth? Wouldn't this contradict his many references to a God in Heaven that sent him?
8. If God is three and one at the same time, who was the God in Heaven within three days between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrect ion?
9. Christians say that: "The Father (F) is God, the Son (S) is God, and the Holy Ghost (H) is God, but the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Ghost is not the Father". In simple arithmetic and terms therefore, if F = G, S = G, and H = G, then it follows that F = S = H, while the second part of the statement suggests that F ¹ S ¹ H (meaning, "not equal"). Isn't that a contradiction to the Christian dogma of Trinity in itself?
10. If Jesus was God, why did he tell the man who called him "good master" not to call him "good" because accordingly, there is none good but his God in Heaven alone?
11. Why do Christians say that God is three-in-one and one in three when Jesus says in Mark 12:29: "The Lord our God is one Lord" in as many places as yet in the Bible?
12. If belief in the Trinity was such a necessary condition for being a Christian, why didn't Jesus teach and emphasize it to the Christians during his time? How were those followers of Jesus considered Christians without ever hearing the term Trinity? Had the Trinity been the spinal cord of Christianity, Jesus would have emphasized it on many occasions and would have taught and explained it in detail to the people.
13. Christians claim that Jesus was God as they quote in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is John speaking and not Jesus. Also, the Greek word for the first occurrence of God is HOTHEOS which means "the God" or "God" with a capital "G", while the Greek word for its second occurrence is "TONTHEOS", which means "a god " or "god" with a small "g". Isn't this dishonesty and inconsistency on the part of those translating the Greek Bible? ? Isn't such quotation in John 1:1 recognized by every Christian scholar of the Bible to have been written by a Jew named Philo Alexandria way before Jesus and John?
14. Wasn't the word "god" or "TONTHEOS" also used to refer to others as well as in II Corinthians 4:4 "(and the Devil is) the god of this world" and in Exodus 7:1 "See, I have made thee (Moses ) a god to Pharaoh"?
Christians say that "GOD LOST His only son to save us". To whom did God lose Jesus if he owns the whole universe?
15. If it was agreeable with God's Majesty to have sons, He could have created a million sons the like of Jesus. So what is the big clear deal about this only son?
16. Why does the Bible say that Jesus wanted to die on the cross, when the one on the cross was shouting "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" according to Matthew 27:45 and Mark 15:33?
17. If God had wanted to save us, couldn't He have done that without sacrificing Jesus?
18. God is Just, and justice requires that nobody should be punished for the sins of others, nor should some people be saved by punishing other people. Doesn't the claim that God sacrificed Jesus to save us because He was Just, contradict the definition of justice?
19. People sacrifice things they have to get something they don't have when they can't have both. Christians say that "God SACRIFICED His only son to save us". We know that God is Almighty; to whom did He sacrifice Jesus?
20. A real sacrifice is when you can't get back what you have offered, so what would be the big deal about such a sacrifice if God could recover the same offering? (according to the Christians' terminology)?
21. If all the Christians are saved through Jesus and are going to Heaven no matter what they do, then the teachings of Jesus are irrelevant and the definition of good and bad are also rendered irrelevant. If this is not so, then do Christians who believe in Jesus yet do not follow his teachings nor repent go to Hell?
22. How can Christians take deeds as irrelevant after becoming one when Jesus says in Matthew 12:36; "But I say unto you that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment. For by the words thou shalt be justified, by the words thou shalt be condemned"?
23. Christians say that people go to Heaven ONLY THROUGH JESUS, yet Paul says in 1 CORINTHIANS 7: 8-16 that the unbelieving husband is acceptable to God because he is united with his wife and vice versa, and their pagan children are also acceptable to God. So people can go to heaven without believing in Jesus according to this.
24. How come the Bible says that ALL Israel is saved although they don't believe in Jesus? Doesn't that contradict the claim in the Bible that the only way to heaven is through Jesus?
25. According to Christians, those who have not been baptized will go to Hell. So even the infants and babies go to Hell if not baptized, since they are born with an inherited original sin. Doesn't this contradict the definition of justice? Why would God punish people for sins they never committed?
The only place in the Bible where the
Paraclete was called the Holy Spirit is in John 4:26 "But the Paraclete,
the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you
all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you".
What has the Holy Spirit brought or taught for the last 2000 years?
27. In John 16:7-8, it says: "But if go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world of sins and of righteousness and of Judgment". What do "he" and "him" refer here? Do Not they refer to a man?
28. Does the Holy Spirit talk to good Christians and bad Christians as well? Is the Holy spirit with them all the time or just at certain times? When does it start visiting a person who wants to become a Christian?
29. How can you as a Christian tell if the Holy Spirit is inside another Christian? How come many Christians fooled people by claiming that the Holy spirit was inside them only to be converted to another religion later on?
30. Does the Holy Spirit dictate what Christians should do without choice or freedom at all or does it only guide them and they have the freedom to follow or not?
31. If the Holy Spirit dictates what Christian should do, why do Christians commit sins and make mistakes? How can you explain the conversion to other religions and atheism of many Christians? Are they told to do that by the Holy Spirit?
32. If the Holy Spirit guides Christians only, and they are free to do what they want, then how do we know that the writers of the Gospels didn't make mistakes in writing them?
33. If Christians believe that the Holy Spirit comes and talks to them everyday, why don't they ask the Holy Spirit about which version of the Bible to follow since there are too many versions floating around?
MISSION OF JESUS:
Without borrowing from other religions and systems, can Christianity provide people with a complete way of life? Since Christianity is limited to spiritual life and does not provide law, how can a society decide which laws are right or wrong?
34. Why do the Christians say that Jesus came with a universal mission when he said that he was sent to the Jews only? He said to the Canaanite woman who asked him to heal her daughter from demon-possession: "I was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel" and also said: "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs", Matthew 15:21-28.
If you read Matthew (28:1-10), Mark (16:1-20), Luke (24:1-12), and John (20: 1-18), you will find contradicting stories. They all agreed that the tomb was guarded for three days. However, they reported the discovery of the empty tomb differently.
Matthew (28) and John (20) reported that
Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were the first to discover the tomb.
Mark (16) reports that Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and
Salome were the first to discover the empty tomb.
The other gospels do not report of any such thing.
35. Which narration now is more authentic?
36. Why is the appearance of Jesus after the crucifixion taken as a proof of his resurrection when there is an explanation that he was not dead because someone else was crucified in his place when God saved Him?
37. How did Matthew know of the claimed agreement between the soldiers and the chief priest? Can't someone say that someone paid the women a large sum of money and told them to spread the word around that Jesus rose from the dead, with the same authenticity as that of the story of Matthew?
38. Why did they believe that man in the white clothes was an angel? John's narration is too strange, since he says that Mary did not recognize Jesus (one of the two) while talking to him, and she only recognized him when he called her by her name.
39. How does an empty tomb prove that Jesus was crucified? Isn't it that God is capable of removing another man from the tomb, and of resurrecting him too?
40. The Gospels are believed to be the
verbatim words of God, they are supposed to be dictated by the Holy
Spirit to the Disciples who wrote them. If the source were the same, why
shouldn't they correspond with
41. How could Matthew, Mark, Luke and John be considered eyewitnesses of resurrection when the Bible implies that nobody at all saw Jesus coming out of the tomb?
If the Christians consider the Old Testament as God's Word, why did they cancel the parts of the Old Testament that dealt with punishment (example: the punishment for adultery)?
42. Why doesn't Mark 16:9-20 exist in as many versions of the Bible while it exists as a footnote or between brackets in some other versions? Is a footnote in the Bible still considered as God's word, especially when it addresses an important feature like the Ascension?
43. Why does the Catholic Bible contain 73 books while the Protestant Bible has only 66? With both claiming to have the complete Word of God, which one should be believed and why?
44. Where do those new translations of the Bible keep coming from when the original Bible is not even available? The Greek manuscripts which are translations themselves are not even similar with each other.
45. How can you take two gospels from writers who never met Jesus, like Mark and Luke?
46. Why is half of the New Testament written by a man who never even met Jesus in his lifetime? PAUL claimed with no proof that he had met Jesus while on his way from Jerusalem to Damascus. PAUL was the main enemy of Christianity. Isn't that reason enough to question the authenticity of what he wrote? Why do the Christians call those books of the Old Testament "God's Word" when the revisers of the RSV Bible say that some of the authors are UNKNOWN? They say that the author of SAMUEL is "UNKNOWN" and that of CHRONICLES is "UNKNOWN, PROBABLY COLLECTED AND EDITED BY EZRA"!
47. Concerning the controversial issues in the Bible, how can Christians decide by two-thirds majority what is God's Word and what is not, as the prefaces of some Bibles say like that one of the RSV?
48. Why does Luke in his gospel report the Ascension on Easter Day, and in the Acts, in which he is recognized as the author, FORTY days later?
49. The genealogy of Jesus is mentioned in Matthew and Luke only. Matthew listed 26 forefathers from Joseph to David while Luke enumerated 41 forefathers. Only Joseph matches with Joseph in those two lists. Not a single other name matches! If these were inspired by God word by word, how could they be different? Some claim that one is for Mary and one is for Joseph, but where does it says Mary in those two Gospels?
50. If Moses wrote the first books of the Old Testament, how could Moses write his own obituary? Moses died in the fifth book at age 120 as mentioned in Deut. 34:5-10.
51. In the King James Version, why does it report SEVEN years of famine in II SAMUEL 24:13 while it reports THREE years of famine in I CHRONICLES 21:12? Why did they change both to THREE years in the New International Version and other versions?
52. Still In the same King James Version, why does it say that Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign in II CHRONICLES 21:12, while it says EIGHTEEN years in II KINGS 24:8? Why did these changes in both to EIGHTEEN in the new Versions?
53. In all versions, why does it say that David slew the men of SEVEN HUNDRED chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand HORSEMEN as evidenced in II Samuel 10:18 while its says SEVEN THOUSAND men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand FOOTMEN, in I CHRONICLES 19:18?
54. In all versions, why does it report TWO thousand baths in I KINGS 7:26 while II CHRONICLES 4:5 reports THREE THOUSAND?
55. In the King James version, why does it report that Solomon had FOUR THOUSAND stalls for horses in II CHRONICLES 9:25 while it accounts that Solomon had FORTY THOUSAND stalls of horses in 1 KINGS 4:26? Why did they change both to FOUR THOUSAND in the new versions?
56. In GENESIS 1, God's creation progresses from grass to trees to fowls, whales, cattle and creeping things and finally to man and woman. GENESIS 2, however, puts the creation of man before cattle and fowl and woman subsequent to beast. How can this be explained?
QUR'AN AND CHRISTIANS:
This section does not inquire or interrogate, but rather provides the reader with some of the Qur'anic verses that address the Christians in particular, and the people of the scripture in general. A great portion of the Qur'an pertains to or involves the Christians and the Jews and I decided to just choose verses that are related to the topic of this manuscript.
“Verily, the likeness of ‘Eesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!’ — and he was” (Aale ‘Imraan 3:59)
“Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will)” (Aale- Imraan 3:64)
“Ye People of the Book! Why dispute ye about Abraham, when the Law and the Gospel Were not revealed Till after him? Have ye no understanding? (65) Lo! ye are those who argue about that whereof ye have some knowledge: Why then argue ye concerning that whereof ye have no knowledge? Allah knoweth. Ye know not” (Aale- Imraan 3:65-66)
"Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to Allah's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah.” (Aale-Imraan 3:67)
“O People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Why disbelieve ye in the revelations of Allah, when ye (yourselves) bear witness (to their truth)” (Aale ‘Imraan 3:70)
“O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): "Why do you mix truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while you know?" (Aale ‘Imraan 3:71)
"That they said (in boast), ‘We killed Jesus Christ the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah’ – But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not ‘(157) Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is exalted in Power, Wise." (An-Nisa 4:157-158)
“O People of the Book (Christians)! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word (“Be!), which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit created from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.” (An-Nisaa’ 4:171)
“The Messiah will never be proud to reject to be a slave to Allâh, nor the angels who are near (to Allâh). And whosoever rejects His worship and is proud, then He will gather them all together unto Himself” (An-Nisaa’ 4:172)
“And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection (when they discarded Allâh's Book, disobeyed Allâh's Messengers and His Orders and transgressed beyond bounds in Allâh's disobedience), and Allâh will inform them of what they used to do” (Al-Maeda 5:14)
“O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad) explaining to you much of that which you used to hide from the Scripture and passing over (i.e. leaving out without explaining) much. Indeed, there has come to you from Allâh a light (Prophet Muhammad) and a plain Book (Qur'ân) (15) Wherewith Allâh guides all those who seek His Good Pleasure to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness by His Will unto light and guides them to a Straight Way (Islâmic Monotheism)” (Al-Maeda 5:15-16)
“Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allâh is the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary). Say (O Muhammad): "Who then has the least power against Allâh, if He were to destroy the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), his mother, and all those who are on the earth together?….” (Al-Maeda 5:17)
“O People of the Book! Now hath come unto you, making (things) clear unto you, Our Messenger, after the break in (the series of) our messengers, lest ye should say: "There came unto us no bringer of glad tidings and no warner (from evil)": But now hath come unto you a bringer of glad tidings and a warner (from evil). And Allah hath power over all things”. (Al-Maeda 5:19)
“Indeed they do blaspheme those who say that Allah is Jesus, the son of Mary, but Jesus said "O children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord". Whoever joins other gods with Allah, Allah will forbid him heaven and the fire will be his abode. For evil-doers there will be no helpers” (Al-Maidah 5:72)
“They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them” (Al-Maidah 5:73)
“Will they not then turn to Allah and ask His forgiveness? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful” (Al-Maidah 5:74)
“Christ (Jesus) the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth” (Al-Maidah 5:75)
“Say: "O people of the Book! exceed not in your religion the bounds (of what is proper), trespassing beyond the truth, nor follow the vain desires of people who went wrong in times gone by,- who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the even way” (Al-Maidah 5:77)
“And behold! Allah will say (On Judgment Day) "O Jesus the son of Mary! did you say unto men worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah"? He will say: "Glory to You! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing you would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart though I know not what is in yours. For You know in full all that is hidden” (Al-Maeda 5:116)
"Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things” (Al-Maa’idah 5:117)
”If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily, You, only You, are the All‑Mighty, the All‑Wise” (Al-Maa’idah 5:118)
“And the Jews say: 'Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allâh, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allâh. That is a saying from their mouths. They imitate the saying of the disbelievers of old. Allâh's Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth” (At-Tawba 9:30)
“They take their priests to be their lords besides Allah, and (also they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah: there is no god but He ....” (At-Tawba 9:31)
“It is He Who hath sent His Messenger with guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it)” (At-Tauba 9:33)
“O ye who believe! there are indeed many among the priests and anchorites, who in Falsehood devour the substance of men and hinder (them) from the way of Allah .…” (At-Tauba 9:34)
“On the Day when heat will be produced out of that (wealth) in the fire of Hell, and with it will be branded their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, their flanks, and their backs.- "This is the (treasure) which ye buried for yourselves: taste ye, then, the (treasures) ye buried!" (At-Tauba 9:34)
At the end see what the same God (Allah) which you and we accept (without Trinity concept), say finally in Quran.
“O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad) explaining to you much of that which you used to hide from the Scripture and passing over (i.e. leaving out without explaining) much. Indeed, there has come to you from Allâh a light (Prophet Muhammad) and a plain Book (Qur'ân)” (Al-Maeda 5:15)
“If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good)” (Aale-Imran 3:85)
MUHAMMAD OR JESUS?
Christians claim that the prophecy in Deut. 18:18 refers to Jesus and not Muhammad. The verse says: "I will raise them up a prophet from among THEIR BRETHREN, LIKE UNTO THEE, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." The only reason they resort to such interpretation is that both Moses and Jesus were prophets. Even this one contradicts their claim that Jesus was God and not a Prophet. Many prophets of the Jews had the similarity with Moses. However, if we compare Muhammad to Moses, we will find that:
Muhammad was an Arab, and the Arabs are from Ishmael, son of Abraham, while Moses was a Jew, and the Jews are from Isaac, son of Abraham. Hence, the term THEIR BRETHREN refers to the children of the first son being brethren of the children of the other. This couldn't apply to Jesus, since he was a Jew.
According to the Christians, Jesus went to Hell for three days while Moses did not. Therefore, Jesus is not like Moses. (In Islam, none of the three Prophets went to Hell)
Moses and Muhammad were born to fathers and mothers while Jesus was born to a mother alone.
Moses and Muhammad got married and had children, while Jesus did not marry at all.
Moses and Muhammad got problems and difficulties from their people initially, but were accepted by them at the end, whereas Jesus was rejected by his people at the start and is still rejected by the Jews until today. "He (Jesus) came unto his own, but his own received him not". (John 1:11)
Moses and Muhammad had power, besides being prophets. They both performed some capital punishments, for example, while Jesus had no power over his people. "My kingdom is not of this world", Jesus said in John 18:36 .
Moses and Muhammad brought new laws while Jesus did not.
Moses was forced to emigrate in adulthood to Median while Muhammad was forced to emigrate at that stage in his life too, towards Madina. Whereas Jesus did not have such forced emigration in his adulthood.
Moses and Muhammad both died of natural deaths after which they were buried, while the same could not be said of Jesus. He was neither killed nor crucified at all, according to the Qur'an and did not die a 'natural' death as could be affirmed by Christians who believe in Crucifixion.
57. Why won't you, Christian reader, come to hear and learn the true religion of Jesus?
58. As a Christian, do you agree that out of fairness and honesty you must investigate what Islam says about God, Jesus, including this life and the hereafter?
59. Being a Christian, do you also believe that we must all stand accountable to our Creator and that the Creator is Perfect and Just? As a sincere believer in God, don't you owe it upon yourself to find out the entire unadulterated truth regardless of the consequences?
60. Don’t you like that God should make justice on the Day of Judgemet. Punish who has more bad deeds and reward who has more good deeds. Punish him who did not believe on Him alone as God and reward to those who after accepting His sole divinity, did their best in performing good deeds as per His commands in revelation?
Dear Christian, I add a story, which is also a hadith, which makes you clear that how the one of their king, when he got the knowledge of prophet, accepted it by heart, but had to deny it for the sake of his throne.
STORY OF HERACLIUS AND ABU SUFYAN
Narrated Ibn Abbas (RTA) Abu Sufyan narrated to me personally, saying “I set out during the truce that had been concluded between me and Allah’s Messenger (PBUH). While I was in Sham (Syria) a letter sent by the Prophet (PBUH) was brought to Heraclius. Dihya Al Kalbi had brought and given it to the governor of Bursa, and the latter forwarded it to Heraclius.
Heraclius said “Is there anyone from the people of this man who claims to be a prophet?”
The people replied ,”yes” so along with some other Quraishi men, I was called and we entered upon Heraclius, and we were seated in front of him. Then he said, “Who amongst you is the nearest relative to the man who claims to be a prophet?”
I (Abu Sufyan) replied: “I am the nearest relative to him from amongst the group”
So they made me sit in front of him and made my companions sit behind me. Then he called upon his translator and said (to him). “Tell them (i.e. Abu Sufyan and companions) that I am going to ask him (i.e. Abu Sufyan) regarding that man who claims to be a Prophet. So, if he tells me a lie, they should contradict him (instantly).”
By Allah, had I not been afraid that my companions would consider me a liar, I would have told lies. Heraclius then said to his translator, “Ask him, what is his (i.e. Prophet’s) family status amongst you”.
I said,”He belongs to a noble family amongst us”
Heraclius said, “Was any of his ancestors a king?”
He said,”Did you ever accuse him of telling lies before his saying what he has said?”
He said,“Do the noblest follow him or the poor people”.
I said,“It is the poor who follow him”.
He said,“Is the number of his followers increasing or decreasing?”.
I said,“They are increasing”.
He said,“Does anyone renounce his religion (i.e. Islam) after embracing it, being displeased with it?”
He said,“Did you fight with him?”.
He said,“How was your fighting with him?”.
I said,“The fighting between us was undecided and victory was shared by him and us in turns. He inflicts causalities upon us and we inflict causalities upon him”.
He said, “Did he betray?”
I said,“No, but now we are away from him in this truce and we do not know what he will do in it”.
“Abu Sufyan added, “By Allah, I was not able to insert in my speech a word (against him) except that.
Heraclius said, “Did anyone else (amongst you) ever claim the same (i.e. to be Allah’s prophet) before him?”
Then Heraclius told his translator to tell me (i.e. Abu Sufyan), “I asked you about his family status amongst you, and you told me that he comes from the noble family amongst you. Verily, all Messengers come from the noblest family among the people.
Then I asked you whether any of his ancestors was a king, and you denied that. Thereupon I thought that had one of his forefather been a king, I would have said that he (i.e. Muhammad PBUH) was seeking to rule the kingdom of his forefathers.
Then I asked you regarding his followers, whether they were the noble or the poor among the people, and you said that they were only poor (who follow him). In fact, such are the followers of the Messengers.
Then I asked you whether you have ever accused him of telling lies before he said what he said, and your reply was in the negative. Therefore I took for granted that a man who did not tell a lie about others, could never tell a lie about Allah.
Then I asked you whether anyone of his followers had renounced his religion (i.e. Islam) after embracing it, being displeased with it, and you denied that. And such is faith when its delight enters the heart and mixes with it completely.
Then I asked you whether his followers were increasing or decreasing. You claimed that they were increasing, that is the way of true faith till it is complete.
Then I asked you whether you had ever fought with him, and you claimed that you had fought with him and the battle between you and him was undecided and the victory was shared by you and him in turns; he inflicted causalities upon you and you inflicted causalities upon them. Such is the case with the Messengers, they are put to trials and final victory is for them.
Then I asked you whether he has ever betrayed anyone; you claimed that he had never betrayed. Indeed Messengers never betray.
Then I asked you whether anyone had said this statement before him, and you denied that. Therefore I thought if somebody had said this statement before him, then I would have said that he was but a man copying some sayings said before him”.
Abu Sufyan said, “Heraclius then asked me,” what does he order you to do?”
I said, “He orders us (to offer) prayers and (to pay) Zakat, and to keep good relationship with the kith and kin, and to be chaste.”
Then Heraclius said, “If whatever you have said is true, then he is really a Prophet. I knew that he (i.e. Prophet PBUH) was going to appear, but I never thought that he would be amongst you. If I were certain that I can reach him, I would like to meet him and if I were with him, I would wash his feet; and his kingdom will expand (surely) to what is under my feet.”
Then Heraclius asked for the letter of Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) and read it, wherein was written
“In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful”
(This letter) is from Muhammad, Messenger of Allah, to Heraclius, the sovereign of Byzantine.
Peace be upon him who follows the Right Path. Now then, I call you to embrace Islam. Embrace Islam and you will be saved (from Allah’s punishment); embrace Islam, and Allah will give you double reward, but if you reject this, you will be responsible for the sins of all the people of your kingdom: (Allah’s statement)
“O people of scripture (Jewsand Christians), come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allah (Alone)…….. bear witness that we are Muslims.” (Aale- Imraan 3:64)
“When he finished the reading the letter, voices grew louder near him and there was a great hue and cry, and we were ordered to go out”. Abu Sufyan added “While coming out, I said to my companions; “The matter of Ibn Abu Kabshah” (i.e. Muhammad PBUH) has become so prominent that even the king of Banu Al Asfar (i.e. the Romans) is afraid of him” so I continued to believe that Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) would be victorious, till Allah made me to embrace Islam.”
Az Zuhri said, “Heraclius then invited all the chiefs of the Byzantine and had them assembled in his house and said, “O group of Byzantine! Do you wish to have a permanent success and guidance and that your kingdom should remain with you?”
(Immediately after hearing that), they rushed to the gate like onagers, but they found them closed. Heraclius then said,” Bring them back to me.”
So he called them and said, “I just wanted to test the strength of your adherence to your religion. Now I have observed of you that which I like.”
Then the people fell in prostration before him and became pleased with him”
(Sahih Al Bukhari Vol.6, Hadith # 75)
Note: Abu Kabshah was not the father of prophet PBUH, but it was mockery done by Abu Sufyan out of hostility against the Prophet (PBUH).